Saturday, February 23, 2008

{television} stargate sg-1; season nine (2005)

Transported by a portal to other worlds in the known universe, a diverse crew of intergalactic investigators helps to bring peace and hope to strange and new civilizations. In Season 9 of the popular syndicated franchise, a new commanding officer is assigned to Stargate Command, a new member joins the team, and a deadly new enemy threatens Earth. The series stars Beau Bridges, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge.

ireviewnetflix.com rating: *** (Actually 3.5) I don't like change and I was worried when I had read that Stargate underwent several changes this season, most notable the changes to their cast. Changes such as these normally note the beginning of the end for a series. But I was pleasantly surprised when the cast worked together well and I think I might have actually enjoyed this season more than any other Stargate season. Not enough to give it that ever elusive fourth star that, as much as I really like Stargate, I just can't seem to give the show. This season's favorite episodes include the two-part, season premier "Avalon," "Origins," "Beachhead," "Ex Deus Machina," "Prototype," the two-parter "The Fourth Horsemen," "Ripple Effect," "Arthur's Mantle," "Crusade," and the season finale "Camelot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home