Sunday, February 24, 2008

{television} stargate sg-1; season ten (2006)

The long-running sci-fi hit kicks off its 10th season with Vala (Claudia Black) giving birth to Adria (Morena Baccarin), the rapidly aging leader of the Ori forces, prompting Landry (Beau Bridges) to question whether Vala can still be trusted at Stargate Command. The season also includes an exciting midseason two-parter called "The Quest," in which Stargate Command meets an old nemesis while pursuing an ancient device known as the Holy Grail.

ireviewnetflix.com rating: *** (Actually 3.5) The final season of Stargate SG-1 left me wanting more as all the previous seasons before it also had. I have to say this for Stargate: I never felt it was a four star show, but it always did leave me waiting with desperate impatience for the next season. I'm so glad that Claudia Black was made a permanent fixture to the cast this season. I really enjoyed her work on the show. Favorite episodes this season include: "200," "Memento Mori," the two-part "The Quest," "Line in the Sand," "The Road Not Taken," "The Shroud," "Dominion" and "Unending." It's no Star Trek, my favorite sci-fi series of all-time, and it started out rough and it wasn't until the show moved from Showtime to the Sci-Fi Channel that it really started to develop, but once it did it quickly became my second favorite sci-fi series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home