Sunday, July 20, 2008

{television} csi miami; season one (2002)

David Caruso, as the methodical and faultlessly logical crime scene investigator Horatio Caine, keeps his staff focused on solving some tough crimes in this hit television drama series that's a distinct departure from most cop/crime shows. The accent is on the science here, with brainwork often triumphing over legwork.

ireviewnetflix.com rating: *** (Actually 2.5) I didn't like this series as much as the original CSI series or even the CSI: New York series, which I also struggled to enjoy. It barely got three stars and was a step or two away from a solid two stars. First of all, as a city I don't like Miami very much so the location was a bad start. Then, you add in a near dull cast (and the characters they portray) and the horrible cinematography and it almost unbearable. But even the worst CSI series could be saved by the great writing and the individual strength of each episode's murder mystery. As for the cast, David Caruso is horrible and the worst of the CSI lead actors. Kim Delaney is good as always. Emily Procter is wonderful and I love her in this as much as I loved her in West Wing. (Ok, I loved her a little more in West Wing, but that was because her character in West Wing was better.) Khandi Alexander is great and I love her, but I don't really like her character in CSI Miami. Adam Rodriguez is cute, but his character doesn't seem to be anything more than just there and I hope he gets more development as the show goes on. The rest of the cast is just there and doesn't really do more than add to the show where needed. Maybe there will be more character development in the second season, but this first season wasn't a very good outing. Overall, the first season was rough, but I'll give the second season a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home